The investment is co-financed by the Republic of Slovenia and the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
EKP website in Slovenia: http://www.eu-skladi.si/
Project name: RIS Adventure Park
Description of the project with the purpose and objectives of the project:
RIS Adventure Park is a project in which we develop an innovative integral tourism product. It’s an adrenaline-themed experience that offers the visitor an experience of the elements of US Marines operations and the reality show “Survivor.” In particular, it addresses all the adrenaline addicts whose active leisure time in the natural environment is a way to overcome stress and escape from established life patterns and habits.
The RIS Adventure Park, set up in Mozje, Kočevski (a branch in Sudan is also scheduled later) will be available through several attractive packages that allow visitors to choose from the following adrenaline activities:
– shooting and
– survival in nature.
Adrenaline experiences will also be complemented by supportive activities so that visitors receive a holistic, “all inclusive” treatment. We will provide transport and accommodation at the selected local provider (hotels and apartments), and we will organize various supplementary trips that relate to both material (natural monuments, museums, caves, cavities) and non-material (culinary experiences, festivals, concerts, exhibitions, etc.) heritage.
The goals of the RIS Adventure Park project are:
– to offer the visitor a unique, top-notch adrenaline experience, while at the same time providing a presentation of the local environment.
– Ensure the success of the project in various areas (brand recognition, increase in the number of foreign visitors, prolongation of the visit of foreign visitors, strengthening of adventure tourism and effective integration with destination tourism in Kočevska)
– effective promotion of Slovenia as a diverse tourist region, offering every tourist what he or she is looking for (decentralization of Slovenian tourism).
The project is partly funded by the EU through the European Regional Development Fund. The operation is being carried out under the Operational Program for the Implementation of European Cohesion Policy in the period 2014-2020.
In addition to the results that indicate its successful implementation (number of visitors, number of packages sold, number of nights, duration of visit, influx of foreign tourists, brand strengthening, etc.), the project also anticipates wider effects such as:
– greater involvement of stakeholders in the tourist offer,
– jobs created,
– strengthening of adventure tourism and effective integration with destination tourism in Kočevska,
– effective promotion of Slovenia as a diverse tourist region, offering every tourist what he or she wants (decentralization of Slovenian tourism).